Hardwood flooring is beautiful and easy to clean. It also needs care when you are cleaning it. You must therefore choose a vacuum that quickly gathers up the dirt and dust that has accumulated without causing harm to it in order to avoid damaging your investment. This is why we have come up with a guide on finding the right lightweight vacuum to use for your floor type.
You will always be right with hardwood flooring when you want your home to have a rustic, warm, elegant, modern, or classy look. However, the personality that your entire room has starts to fade when the floor is littered with dust, crumbs, hair, bunnies, and any other unidentified scraps. This is when you need to restore the beautiful luster of your wooden floor by arming yourself with the most appropriate cleaning arsenal.
Delicacy is necessary when you want to clean hardwood flooring. You should avoid cleaning it if you lack the necessary magic touch and you prefer to use chemicals, brushes, and abrasives.
If you use the right cleaning tools, your life will be easier and your house will be tidier, while your flooring maintains its youth. It can be very challenging to find a good lightweight vacuum for hardwood, which is why topsinnj.com has come out with an awesome guide about it.
You should always consider the weight along with other relevant factors.
Before you proceed any further, you should consider the following additional features:
- Suction power
What You Should Consider
- The vacuum that you choose should be portable and lightweight so that you can easily maneuver it.
- A long attachment hose for making it easier for you to reach the enclosed and tight spaces that are underneath your furniture or couch.
- It is easy to empty and clean bagged vacuums. However, when they start to fill, suction is reduced significantly; they are ideal for you if you are allergic to dust or asthmatic.
- It is easy to empty bagless vacuums and their suction power is better. However, these vacuums are prone to becoming a little messy.
- Suction power should have the ability to absorb each dust particle with a lot of ease ranging from hair to any other debris that is scattered on your floor regardless of its size. Hence, it is extremely important.
What You Should Avoid
- You should ensure that the vacuum cleaner does not have beater brushes.
- The rough wheels of carpet vacuums can dent and scratch. Hence, these vacuums can cause serious damage to your wooden flooring.
- You should avoid vacuums that have cleaning brushes or choose the ones that have a brush switch for switching them on or off.
- Rotating brushes usually scratch the surface and scatter the dirt. Hence, you should avoid them.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
These are the most popular among all the vacuum cleaners. However, they scratch and cause dirt because they are usually too rough on sensitive surfaces. They are:
- Less costly as compared to canister vacuums
- Heavier as compared to canister vacuums
The suction power of these vacuum cleaners is better and hence, if an upright vacuum is your choice, you should ensure that it does not have beater brushes but it has a long hose.