Whether it’s handheld, canister, backpack or upright the smaller the vacuum cleaner the better, and it wasn’t long before I hopped on the wagon. First I compiled a list of all the desired specification and then I set out to look for a nice and lightweight vacuum for my home. This is a breakdown of the top three machines that met my criteria.
The Eureka Easy Clean 71B
This small handheld device (15X7X7 inches) has the power of a 5.5 amp suction strength behind it and its other specifications include:
- A clear dustbin so you know when you need to empty it which requires no bag and is also very easy to clean.
- It comes with a stretch hose attachment and a built-in revolving brush tool which has its own separate motor.
- There is another motor which powers the devices suction capabilities.
- Its riser visor is great for vacuuming carpeted stairs and upholstered furniture.
- The 71B also includes a crevice tool for fishing out dirt from the nooks and crannies around your house.
Overall it weighs a meager 4.8 pounds and it has a long 20ft cord (thrice the length of its body) so moving around a room with it is convenient.
Dirt Devil (SD20000)
This machine stays true to its name as it isn’t one vacuum at all, instead it is a combination of 3- a utility cleaner, an upright stick vacuum and a handheld device (which detaches from the main body). The Dirt Devil is truly a stick vacuum cleaner especially since once the handheld is detached it is as thin as a rake (product dimensions are 7X11X45 inches).
The stick itself is easy to move around on smooth rolling wheels and it is very lightweight so carrying it upstairs and around the house is easy as pie. Not only is it a corded device but it is also bag-less, it has an easy to remove and empty dirt cup instead.
Surprisingly although it appears to be much bigger than the Eureka mentioned earlier it weighs only an almost non-existent 1.9 pounds. It too has a tool for those hard to reach areas and it would make for a cheaper alternative to the first device.
Eureka 3670G Canister Vacuum
While this machine is slightly bigger than the two I mentioned previously it is still lightweight and small. This 12 amp cleaner has been designed with a power touch handle as well as fingertip controls that are simple to understand and it includes the following attachments
- A floor brush and floor nozzle for non-carpeted areas.
- It also includes an upholstery nozzle, a crevice tool like the others and a dusting brush.
- Its cord is 20ft long and it also has a blower port for drying surfaces.
Unlike the other two devices it comes with automatic shut-off capability so you never have to worry about it overheating.
What to Look For in a Top Rated Handheld Vacuum
Hand vacuum cleaners are life-savers when it comes to maintaining order in the home. There are many benefits of owning one, as opposed to a full size vacuum. However, before making a purchase, it is important to understand why you need a handheld vacuum and what to look for in a top rated one.
Benefits of a Handheld Portable Vacuum
- It is convenient to use because, if it is cordless, it is not restricting and does not require electricity to function. Cleaning can be done anywhere, at any time. For this reason, use of a hand vacuum is not limited to the indoors. Ever wondered how to get dirt off your car seat without having to go to a car wash?
- In the case where you want to clean up a spill, having such a vacuum nearby would be ideal. There would be no need to get a mop, clean up the spill then rinse it off, or using a full-size vacuum cleaner that would require you to set up and set down. The hand held vacuum is ideal when you are not doing any major cleaning.
- For those who have indoor pets, you are aware of the fact that they shed hair all over the house. Cleaning this hair from furniture can be tedious. With help from various review sites online, you should be able to find a great pet hair vacuum that can eliminate all traces of hair that your pet shed on your couch or carpet.
Factors to Consider
- Cost: The price should be within your budget. Depending on the brand, it can vary a lot in price. Also, carry out some research on the cost of maintenance; if it is too high for your budget, then choose another product.
- Weight: An ideal cleaning tool should not be uncomfortable to use. Different people have varying measures of strength; therefore, choose one that’s best suited for you.
- Battery Life: The amount of time that the battery takes before it requires charging varies. When choosing your ideal one, always choose one with a long battery life.
Choosing the Right Style For You
- Whether you choose to buy a corded or cordless unit is dependent on your purpose for it. If your intention is to use it to clean every possible item that you can think of, including car seats, then the cordless one is what you need. The corded ones are more powerful and are ideal for cleaning around the house.
- Handheld vacuums vary in sizes, some larger than others. Considering their portability, the smaller ones are ideal for cleaning up small spills. Larger models, on the other hand, have extra features like hose attachments, which make it easier to clean places that are hard to reach.
Evidently, just like any other home appliance, purchasing the ideal handheld vacuum requires a lot of thought and research. This will go a long way in helping you get what will be useful.
Summary and Recommendations
At 18.2X13.6X13.6 inches and weighing in at 10 pounds the Eureka 3670G is certainly the largest among these three devices although very small in comparison to traditional machines. Overall however, all three devices are lightweight making it easy to manoeuvre them around the house, carry up stairs and store away.
In terms of price none of them are more than $60 which makes any one of them a steal but in terms of capabilities the Eureka 3670G is the most advanced. Ultimately, when it comes to finding top rated vacuums, it all depends on your preferences with regard to budget and type, whether canister, upright or handheld; the Dirt Devil being the cheapest, lightest and a combination device as well.